? Rum Old Fashioned recipe ?
Do you like rum? Or Old Fashioned? Then I’m glad to share my Rum Old Fashioned recipe. ???
Old Fashioned was born back in the late 18th century. Some rumors goes that it was first created with rye whisky. It was just more popular back then. Now the classic is with bourbon and this twist is with rum. Cheers for that! ?
Here you’ll get my Rum Old Fashioned cocktail recipe so you can make it at home. ????
Do you know anyone who loves rum? ???
Then share this recipe with them so they can make something more interesting than a Mojito! ???
Did you know that I also do cocktail teambuilding? I entertain you and your friends/colleagues all about my craft in a fun and interesting way. Get a free quote right here:
Rum Old Fashioned recipe
Cocktail Recipe of Old Fashioned with Rum:
Ingredients in one cocktail:
- 6 cl dark rum ? (Use great quality of dark rum)
- 1 sugar cube or 1 bar spoon of cane sugar ?
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura Bitter ?
- 1 dash of Orange Bitter ?
- 3 orange peels ?
- Mixer glass ?
- Strainer ?
- Measuring tools ⚖️
- Ice cubes and maybe an ice ball ❄️
- Bar spoon ?
- A rocks glass to serve in ?
- Your good mood! ?
- Possibly some thirsty guests you can make it to! ????
How to make it:
- Make sure you got all mentioned above. If you skip an ingredient then you might end up with something completely different.
- Start by putting the sugar cube or bar spoon of cane sugar into your glass. Smash the sugar cube.
- Add the dashes of angostura bitter and the orange bitter.
- Press 2 orange peels and put down into your mixer glass.
- Mix the sugar, the bitters and the orange peels together. Use your bar spoon and stir it around.
- Add 3 ice cubes to your mixer glass.
- Pour 3 cl of rum.
- Stir the cocktail.
- Add more ice cubes. Pour another 3 cl of rum.
- Stir it once again.
- Taste the cocktail. Is it perfect? Stop stirring. Is it too watery? Add more rum. Is the taste of alcohol too strong? Keep stirring.
- When you think it’s perfect then strain the cocktail into your rocks glass.
- If you got an ice ball then add it to the rocks glass.
- Peel you a long orange zest.
- Garnish with it. Watch the video below for more help.
- Serve it and make a toast with your happy guests! ????
My advice on how to twist the cocktail:
- Rum Old Fashioned is already a twist but anyway here is my advice.
- The easy one is to just make the original old fashioned. Add Bourbon instead of Rum.
- A more interesting twist could be to add scotch or rye whisky instead.
- Nowadays you can actually make lots of different old fashions. Tequila, gin, cachaca, snaps etc. etc. I recommend you make sure your chosen spirit is high quality and full of taste. That makes the result way better.