🥒 Cucumber Collins recipe 🥒
Do you want a cocktail a bit like a Gin and Tonic but just different? Maybe you’ve had just enough GT’s for now and want a change? Then I’m happy to present a Cucumber Collins for you. A refreshing cocktail that’s not fruity but bitter and on the sour side. 👌🏼
Cucumber Collins is a twist of the original craft cocktail called a Tom Collins. Tom Collins was invented by the one and only Jerry Thomas. Jerry Thomas was the very first author of a cocktail book. He is a legend in the industry and is especially known for the book called “Bar-Tenders Guide“.
Here you will get my Cucumber Collins cocktail recipe so you can make it at home. Cheers for that! 💃🏽🕺🏽
Do you know anyone who loves gin? 👐🏽😃
Then share this recipe with them so they can make something more interesting than a GT! 👋🏼😎
Did you know that I also do cocktail teambuilding? I entertain you and your friends/colleagues all about my craft in a fun and interesting way. Get a free quote right here:
Cucumber Collins recipe
Cocktail Recipe of a Cucumber Collins:
Ingredients in one cocktail:
- 4 cl Gin 🍸
- 3 cl Lemon 🍋
- 2,5 cl Sugar Syrup 🍯
- Top with Soda Water 💦
- Cucumber 🥒
- Measuring cups ⚖️
- Ice cubes ❄️
- Bar spoon 🥄
- Cocktail Shaker ⚱️
- Strainer and a Double Strainer 🗑
- A glass to serve in 🍹
- Your good mood! 😄
- Possibly some thirsty guests you can make it to! 💃🏽🕺🏽
How to make it:
- I highly recommend that you have all from the list above. If not then it’s just not gonna taste as great.
- Start by pouring gin and sugar syrup into your cocktail shaker.
- Next you peel your cucumber. You need 3 cucumber peels. One you put into the cocktail shaker.
- Now you squeeze half a lemon (with should be 3 cl). Put it into your cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with lots of ice cubes.
- Close the shaker properly. You don’t want to spill all over your kitchen. We do like making cocktails but we don’t like cleaning.
- Shake it off (like Taylor Swift sings). Stop shaking when you can feel the shaker is all chilled.
- Now open your cocktail shaker by giving it a small clap on the side.
- Double strain the cocktail into your glassware.
- Fill the glassware with fresh ice cubes.
- Top the cocktail slightly with soda water.
- Now you garnish with the two other cucumber peels. One in the glass and one folded on top. Watch the video below for more help.
- Serve it and make a toast with your happy guests! 💃🏽🕺🏽
My advice on how to twist the cocktail:
- Cucumber Collins can be twisted in a bunch of ways.
- The easy one is to remove cucumber. Then you got a Tom Collins. Then you can switch to Vodka instead of Gin. Then you got a John Collins.
- More interesting twist could be to add egg white to the cocktail. Then you have a cucumber fizz. Maybe add some bitter as well. It’s really a great cocktail!
- You can also change the spirit. Try the cocktail with snaps etc.
- Or maybe change the soda water. Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale should both work nicely.
- At last you can of course make another version of the collins. Remove the cucumber from the cocktail and add rosemary/thyme/berries or whatever you feel like instead.