White Russian with Licorice
The Best Cocktails with Licorice? Then you need to try a White Russian with Licorice. It’s easy to make and really tasty. Yummy!
This is my own danish twist of the White Russian. Licorice is a danish thing and we just love it. Here I put it in my White Russian and it works pretty well.
White Russian is actually a twist itself. It’s a twist of the Black Russian which was invented back in the 1949.
A small licorice fun fact: Licorice comes from the plant Glycyrrhiza.
Here is the full cocktail recipe so you can make it in your kitchen!
Do you know anyone who loves White Russian? 🕺🏽 Or someone who fancy anything with licorice? 💃🏽 Or just someone who loves both? 😍
Then share this recipe with them! 😇
Do you want more to join the worlds strongest cocktail family?
Licorice White Russian Cocktail Recipe
Recipe of a White Russian with Licorice
Ingredients in one cocktail:
4 cl Vodka 🍸
5 cl Whole Milk or Cream or Half N’ Half 🥛
1,5 cl Licorice Liquor 🍬
1,5 cl Coffee Licor ☕️
5 cl Pineapple Juice
Cubed Ice ❄️
Mexican Elbow (A squeezer) ⚙️
Cocktail Shaker ⚱️
Cocktail Glass 🥃
Your good vibe! 😄
Some awesome people you can serve! 💃🏽🕺🏽
How to make it:
- Mare sure you got all ingredients mentioned above. Without that the result will not be the same.
- Find your cocktail shaker.
- Start by pouring the vodka in your cocktail shaker.
- Next pour the whole milk or cream into your shaker.
- Then add the coffee liquor and the licorice liquor to the glass.
- Now fill your cocktail shaker and your glass with ice. Make sure you fill both.
- Close the cocktail shaker so it’s proper closed. If not you gonna spill all over the place. Which is only fun the first 5 seconds.
- Now shake, smile and serve! – Shake it hard and fast.
- Open the cocktail shaker by giving it a small clap on the side of the shaker.
- Strain it into the glass and notice how the foamy milk and vodka layer on top of the coffee and licorice liquor.
- Garnish with chocolate flakes, coffee beans, star anis, licorice powder or a licorice pibe. Or go crazy and garnish with all of it.
- Serve and toast with your happy guests! 💃🏽🕺🏽
My advice on how to twist the cocktail:
You can twist the White Russian in a bunch of ways:
- I really love substituting the milk with chocolate. That makes it a bit sweeter but I really love chocolate. So nice!
- Another cool twist is adding a special syrup or liquor to the classic recipe. It could be amaretto, caramel syrup or whatever you like.
- At last try changing the vodka with rum or tequila. I’m a huge fan of both!
Watch how I rock my twist of a Amaretto Sour: